Friday, August 5, 2011

Accessorize


     "Accessories are important and becoming more and more important everyday. 
They can completely change the look of an outfit, 
and women like the idea of having a wardrobe that's versatile.
For instance, a strong piece of jewelry can make a simple outfit look elegant. "    
                                                                                                        - Giorgio Armani

   I use to wear a lot of accessories and jewelry. But the boys pull and tug at them that most of my necklaces and bracelets, including the real jewelry, are now broken. To save myself the trouble and to reduce the risk of wounding my children, I now wear a simple necklace and have shied away from accessory shopping.

   I first heard of  Accessorize from the tweets of my cousin Lalaine who lives in NYC. She tweeted how she loved her online purchases from Accessorize and twitpic-ed her favorite pieces. I was intrigued. And the same day, I saw my friend's daughter, Moira, holding a bejeweled pink pen that I adored. She said she got it from Accessorize at SM. My friend suggested that I check out the store because she knows how kikay I am and how I love pink. I pretty much forgot about the store as I rarely pass by its location in SM. 

   Two weeks ago, I "escaped" from a CSC seminar during lunchbreak by taking a jeep to SM. The jeepney drop-off point was just at the entrance near Accessorize. What attracted me was the big S-A-L-E poster on their window. I gravitated towards the store and got myself the following :


I love Pink and Black!
Sunglasses at 70% Off
Bracelets at 50% Off
I got those that look like vintage-jewelry
Earrings at 50% Off
    
  I took another "lunch break" shopping trip to SM to get someone a pair of Havaianas. Magkatabi halos ang Havaianas at Accessorize. I got myself some shawl. I needed new ones anyway. Now, half of the display in the store are at 70% Off. 

I got a white sheer shawl.

Delicate Fabric. Patay to sa mga bata. 

Made of Viscose, Linen, Metallic Fiber and Silk


I got a big black shawl that feels like pashmina.

Made of Viscose from India
     Thanks to Accessorize, I have reignited my passion for accessories. I am slowly building up a new collection ... kid-friendly pieces. Happiness!!

1 comment: