Sunday, October 16, 2011

Bike

Photo from Kaboodle.com

      I learned how to ride a bike when I was 8 years old and in Grade 3. My sisters and I shared a kiddie bmx. There must be a picture of that bike in our photo albums and I will update this blog when I find one. My sister Tetet learned earlier than I did but our youngest Kang never learned how to ride a bike. 

Kang in High School learned to In-line Skate.
But she doesn't know how to bike. 

    Now in her late 20's, she is learning how to ride the bicycle and has engaged her teen friends in Bukidnon to help her.

Kang works for Environmental Science for Social Change in Bukidnon.


    She has shared this to her Facebook friends and one former teacher advised her to not look at the pedal and keep her eyes on the view ahead.

    The advice brought back memories of when I was learning how to bike. When I was 8 and struggling to keep my balance, I had the view of the majestic Mt. Apo to keep my eyes on.

That was my view. Ganda !
(Picture taken by Kang.)
A better picture of The View from feedage.com.
        
      I've said it before but lemme say it again  .... I so love Davao City. I feel so lucky to have grown up in this place. Learning how to bike, I have Mt. Apo, the country's tallest peak, telling me to keep my balance and move forward, one pedal push at a time.

Good Luck Sisteroo. Pagdali.
Baka maunahan ka ni Aliq. 

No comments:

Post a Comment