Thursday, August 23, 2012

Ramadan Crafts



      I've never been as excited about celebrating Ramadan as I have been this year. Perhaps my faith and spirituality is indeed growing. Or perhaps it's because I've decided to deck the house with some Ramadan decorations. 

     As much as I would have loved to spend on buying decorations, there is just no supply of ready-made ones. I can only salivate at the decorations found on the internet. 

    I decided to decorate so that the kids, little as they are, would also get excited about this Holy Month. They couldn't fast yet but I want them to know that this month is significant in Islam. What better way to get them excited than getting them involved in the decorating process.

     The week-end before Ramadan, we started our Ramadan Week-end Craft-Making Activity. Since there are no decorations in the stores, I will just make the decorations with my kids. Aliq was very involved in the making process while Zee was busy watching and making kulit. 


        I gathered some templates that I found on-line, bought some colorful and decorative papers, took out the pencil, scissors and glue and gathered my troop for week-ends of creativity, fun and Islamic lessons. 



RAMADAN BUNTINGS






RAMADAN POSTER


RAMADAN LANTERN



MOROCCAN  WINDOW


        I forgot to take pictures of  the outdoor decorations that we placed in our terrace. So that would have to be in another post. 


       

2 comments:

  1. Salam alayki,
    The decorations are very beautiful!
    I really love the garland, or did you find the form?

    Baarak Allahou fiki oukhti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salam. I just read your reply. So sorry for the delay. My children and I made the garland ourselves. I found the template for the shape in this link : http://7thhouseontheleft.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/7hl_windowstencil.pdf

      Delete