Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Bag Lady


     

“I'm thinking balls are to men what purses are to women. It's just a little bag, but  we feel naked in public without it."

                                                                                                                              -Carrie Bradshaw (Sex and the City)



     I love bags. I don't go for the super expensive kind because... well, they are super expensive. And I am not really good at taking good care of my bags. I just use them, shelf them and use them. If they don't look acceptable anymore, I box them for selling in garage sales.  I remember back in lawschool, I was carrying a pink backpack and a classmate said, "I love your bag. Maganda sya kung malinis lang." Hhhmmmph. 

       Not that I don't clean my bags. I clean them when they look filthy. Just that, filthy is a relative term. I know someone who cleans her bag at the end of every day, she uses a specialized spray-on cleanser and cotton. She cleans it like it's her face. Okay, the bag is an LV but it's just so tedious. I couldn't do that. 

       Bags have a utilitarian function for me. They are to carry my things. Sure, they must look nice and must complement my outfit and perhaps, the event where it will be used, but I don't want to think too much about my bag when I use it. I place it where it is convenient and safe. I don't use those fancy bag hangers. If there is no place to put it, I put it on the floor because I don't want to offend my company if I put it on top of the table. (Besides, I bring big bags and it's just rude to occupy such big space on the table.)

       I am quite brand loyal. If I already have it and find that its WIWIC (worth what it costs),  I stick to my usual brands. I also don't have plenty of time to window shop (even online) so I just get the same brands in different designs. 
      
       I am currently fascinated by Dooney & Bourke's Nylon bag collection. Nylons are perfect. They come in a variety of colors. They are light and easy to clean. The nylon collection of Dooney looks classic because of the leather trims. I like my bag from Medium to Large in size. Satchels are my current faves because I usually have two lil boys with me when I go out and I need both hands to be free to hold their hands. 


             I also like Longchamp because it's nylon, too. Longchamp first caught my eye in 2002 during a trip to Hong Kong. A few years ago, they became trendy. I saw my secretary using one in jacquard material (yes, my retirable Ate Flora has fancy bags.) and I want one too. I still feel I need (hahaha) a red Le Pliage tote to match my huge Le Pliage travelling tote. Type ko itong hobo. Both designs are on sale in the Long Champ outlet website.




No comments:

Post a Comment